What should I do to position my business in Google or another search engine? Indeed you have asked yourself this many times, and well, today, I come to talk to you about Link Building is one of the essential SEO strategies. Discover in this blog A Beginner's Guide for Link Building Strategy.
As marketers, many clients and brands turn to us to help them define an SEO positioning strategy among many factors that must take into account and develop concrete actions. One of those pillars of positioning is the strategy of link building. Other aspects such as tags, the excellent use of keywords, the WPO, and the site map are decisive for the SEO on the brands that aim to position themselves in the engine's search. Therefore, I will tell you about this strategy. What is it? And How to implement it?
What is Link Building?
Perhaps you will become more familiar with this that I am going to explain to you: Link Building your website, it is as if in social media other external brands or influencers mentioned your account, this in social media, certifies that you have a quality or interesting content public and therefore generates positioning. Now imagine this, but on the web.It is an SEO strategy that seeks to promote your website's reputation, authority, and position in the ranking of Google and other search engines by generating links on relevant external sites that lead to your site.
Indeed, Google, the leading search engine that we all use, confirmed that external links or backlinks are among the three fundamental pillars of defining a specific keyword's web positioning. At first, I only took into account the amount. The more external links you had, the better your positioning would be. However, this changed quickly since Google perfected this through Google Penguin. And now it focuses more on the quality than on the number of links.
Key Concepts to Understand the Link Building Strategy
Backlink: They are a type of links, also known as "inbound links," generated when a website links to another website. Thus, the connection created between the two is what is known as a Backlink. In this sense, the Backlink quality will depend on the Domain Authority, the site linked to the content, and the thematic link between both locations, if it is real or forced.
Domain Authority: As is logical, a link from a prestigious digital press website will have a much more significant impact than a link from a recently created blog without visits. And it is that the quality of a link is determined by the authority or prestige of that domain. Our goal should always aim to get links with the highest possible authority because, although difficult to obtain, in the long run, they turn out to be the pillars of an optimal SEO positioning. To know the Domain Authority of a domain, I recommend using Ahrefs in the free tools session.
You should know that the score ranges from 1 to 100 and, the higher the score, the greater the positioning capacity of a given website.
Anchor Text: Is the visible text in which you can click a link. This text is the one that Google uses as a guide when classifying our website. And it turns out to be very important since if we have an external link, in our case one that says "Digital Marketing," when Google recognizes the link, it makes them think that your website is about a particular topic.
However, this type of action is cautious, like everything else in SEO, since the continued abuse of keyword-rich anchor texts has generated countermeasures on Google, which is why today, building many links with an anchor text identical is considered spam.
Steps for strategic Link Building
Now that I have told you what you need to do to make your link-building strategy, it is time to think and plan how you will get your backlinks.
1. I recommend using a tool that allows you to analyze your domain authority and your most powerful pages. Make a thorough analysis of your current situation that includes the links you already have on your list, allowing you to make more accurate decisions. At Chaskis Digital, we use Ahrefs, perfect for monitoring and measuring what happens in different websites' SEO positioning strategies.
2. Research your competition.Once you know everything about your website, it is time to analyze what the competition is doing in their SEO positioning strategies. Analyze the domain authority of your competition and, within your possibilities, what inbound links they have. All this information will help you start to define your intelligent actions for an ideal link-building strategy.
3.Plan your strategy. Define the plan and list of actions to be carried out. Some of the steps that I recommend you to have good results from the practice and experience of SEO are:
- Define which pages within your website will receive the incoming links.
- Study the keywords that interest you. Make a selection of the most important ones that do not exceed a total number of 20.
- Determine which are the appropriate anchor-texts for each page, do not forget to choose several to avoid being penalized.
- Plan the type of links you need, those with domain authority, that talk about specific topics. Research how to contact them and do whatever it takes to get that backlink.
- Use Guest Posting when you invite an author to publish content on your site in exchange for posting on theirs. Each new source you contact for this purpose, related to your industrial sector, constitutes an adequate opportunity to present your brand to new readers.
With all these actions, it will be much more useful to create your link-building strategy. This will bring you positive results in your SEO positioning, and you will see how much it is worth betting on this type of action.
We hope this information has been useful to you. If you need to consolidate a strong SEO strategy, do not hesitate to contact us. At Chaskis Digital, we will help you obtain the results you have been waiting for. Write to Contact@chaskis.digital we will be happy to listen to your needs and discover how we can help you. Don't forget to subscribe to this blog and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.